I love snacking on cheese crackers but instead of buying it from the store, why not make it my own? With making it myself, I will know exactly what’s in it and not all these processed contents that the store-bought ones have.
I thought it will be hard to make but apparently, it was super easy. I searched on Pinterest for easy recipes. Found one to use as my basis then I just tweaked it.
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 4 Tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt to sprinkle on top
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until it turns to a dough
- Shape into 2 disk, plastic wrap then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- On a parchment or wax paper, roll the dough into rectangle 1/8 inches thick
- Use sharp tool to cut into 1 inch squares then punch a hole on the center with a bbq stick or toothpick
- Sprinkle with salt and/or grated cheese
- Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes then place each crackers on a lined sheet
- Bake in 350F for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden
Source: Chewoutloud website