This soup is very good if you are planning to clean up your system from all the holiday eating sessions. This may also help shed those extra pounds. All you have to do is eat this soup, for 5-7 days, 2-3 times a day and drink lots of water in between. Try to eat fresh fruits in between as well. Never starve yourself.
- 1 cabbage head, rough chopped
- 4 celery stalks, rough chopped
- 4 carrots, rough chopped
- bunch of kale, rough chopped
- 2 roma or steak tomatoes, rough chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- medium-sized white onion, chopped
- 3-4 slices of ginger (optional)
- 1 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable low-sodium bouillon (you may buy it from Costco)
- 7-10 cups of water
*** you may also use organic low-sodium chicken stock
- In a medium to large size pot, heat the olive oil (medium heat)
- Add the garlic, onions, ginger & tomatoes. Cook it thoroughly.
- Add carrots & celery and cook it for about 2 -3 minutes
- Mix in the bouillon
- Add the cabbage and kale
- Pour in the water
- Add the salt & pepper
- Once the kale and cabbage are tender, turn the stove off and take it off the heat & let it cool. You do not want to over cook it because this whole pot is good for the whole week and you do not want to have a mushy texture everytime you warm it.