One of my favorite cookies is Mexican Wedding Cookies. Not only they are very yummy, it’s really easy to make. It’s also great for sharing or as gifts. I used all organic ingredients but you may use the conventional ones.
Here’s the yummy recipe.
- 1 cup of organic salted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1/2 cup of organic powdered sugar, and another 1/2 cup for coating
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract (alcohol free)
- 1 tsp organic almond extract (optional)
- 2 cups organic unbleached flour (you may use gluten-free flour too)
- 1 cup of organic roasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, using hand mixer, beat the butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract until light & fluffy. Gradually add the flour, beating on low speed. Mix in pecans.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls or you may use the 1 inch ice cream scooper and place it on the baking sheets.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes then roll the warm cookies in the remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. Place it on wire rack and let cool completely. Store it in an airtight container.