One of my favorite cafes named Coffee Shop opened another branch in Lafayette, CA. I was fortunate enough to meet the owner and get invited to check it out since I am a regular in their Walnut Creek, CA branch.
The first time I saw this Lafayette branch, I was so impressed. Such a charming and alluring establishment. Simply chic and spacious outdoor patio and contemporary yet cozy interior. A perfect spot to meet a date, group study, play games or work. Pets are welcome to hang out too.
I was able to try several of their popular & seasonal items.
All of the food and drinks are great but these are some of the “A Must Try” items.
Hot and cold drinks:
- Cafe Grumpy’s Tweega Espresso flavored brewed coffee -I rarely drink black coffee but this one I really enjoyed. It’s delicate yet smooth. No hint of bitterness nor sourness… just smooooooth.
- Pumpkin Sage Latte (seasonal) – Whoa! What a combo but truly works and really luscious.
- Apple Pie Latte (seasonal) – A MUST TRY and one of my favorites.
- Organic Super Green – you can just taste the freshness and natural flavors of the greens and truly a perfect combinations of fruit and veggies. Perfect drink if you are detoxing.
- Organic Strawberry Mango Coconut – I enjoyed the natural flavors & freshness of the fruits.
- Irish Coffee – Baileys….need I say more?!!!
- Avocado Smash – toasted sourdough with smashed avocado. Good LAWD! one of my faves. Just go there and try it.
- Asian Chicken – so hip that it is serve in a mixing bowl enough for 2 or 3 peeps… truly succulent and delicious.
- Croque Madame – ham, béchamel sauce, gruyere cheese & fried egg??? OMG! again, just go over there and try it.
There are so much more to try. One of the reasons why I am a frequent and rave about this place so much is because everything they have are well-thought of. Hot/cold food and drinks are equally served thoughtfully and bursting with perfectly blended flavors. Plus, their awesome staff and their customer service are excellent.
One last yet important thing:
THEY SERVE TAP BEERS AND OTHER BOOZED BEVERAGES!!! YES!!!
Truly an awesome place.
Thumbs and toes up. LOL!